Saturday, February 13, 2010

Emotions flying high!

Today I auditioned up at Utah State for their vocal music program! I can honestly say that I feel so relieved that it is over! Today I felt a huge spectrum of emotions: I woke up and was hopeful that my voice wasn't lost at the dance, I went through my songs and cried because I was so scared of doing it (and maybe cried a bit when I couldn't find anything to wear hahaha, I know I am a baby!), I got a blessing from my brother and felt peace, I got in the car and drove for 1 hour an a half and felt anxiousness, I said a prayer with my mother and felt comforted, I walked in the room to audition and felt confident, I walked out of the room and took a theory test and felt insecure because my theory knowledge is not very much, I went to lunch with my supportive family and felt happy that it was over, I drove home and felt tired!

What a learning experience! It was so worth it all though and even if I don't get a scholarship I am proud of myself for trying! I am just so grateful for the support of my family and my talent of singing that I have been blessed with! Hey the opera lady smiled at me, and the choir guy shook my hand so maybe that is a good sign?

2 comments:

Bailey said...

you go girl! what a CHAMP! I am positive that you did awesome and I'm hoping for the best for you!

Megan said...

You should also feel PROUD that you fought through your rough morning and did an awesome job! I was sure proud of you! I want you to come to Utah State so badly! It would be most wonderful. Love you!