Monday, August 30, 2010

Go Aggies, Go Aggies, Hey, Hey, HEY!

College. Here I am at college. Weird right? I have to say it has been great! I thought I would be scared out of my mind but I found myself surprisingly calm. Right now it is the good life since I have no homework yet and I don't have to go to some of my music classes yet so I have lots of free time. Too bad it won't always be like this!

Negatives of College.
-MY FROG DIED. Only one of them but still is was sad and frankly quite disgusting to fish him out of his tank. May he rest in peace.
-Book costs. OUTRAGEOUS.
-My closet door is broken. hahaha!
-Sharing a bathroom between six girls
-YSA Meetings...Get married...get married...get married! I am only 18 folks give me some time!


Positives!
-Shorter classes
-I love walking to class. It is nice to get some exercise and fresh air in.
-My roomates are the best! I just met them last night and we stayed up talking till 2 am. I was amazed at how easily I could chat with them and not feel awkward.
-I love all the stuff I got to decorate my room with.
-I know where the Fine Arts building is which is good since every class except for science and institute are there.
-No one cares. It is not like high school where you feel like everyone is evaluating what you are wearing and who you hang out with.


I am still in the process of meeting new people. I can get shy and just plain awkward. But I figure once I get used to my classes and get to know people in my building and in my ward I will know more people. I can tell my music classes are going to be hard. They expect a lot. At least the professors are all really nice and want to help and seem to genuinely care. So even though I know this year will be full of challenges, I am excited to meet them and prove to myself that I can do it! I am anxious to see what the future brings.

2 comments:

Bailey said...

Hooray! I love hearing about it girl. Well just so you know I think of you everyday when I'm in choir with all the music majors. (Except for me.) haha. I'm so glad you are loving it and please keep in touch!

Megan said...

I'm quite proud of you Charlie! I knew you would love the college life. How wonderful!! Get a drink at the quickstop for me!