Friday, September 30, 2011

And T-Swift makes 3!



On Wednesday, my roommate Kenzy and I drove down to Salt Lake to see our HERO Taylor Swift perform at the Energy Solutions Arena (I still call it the Delta Center but whatever!). It was AMAZING! I was screaming so loud and dancing. She was so good live. There was a whole set where she played some of her songs all by herself with just her guitar. I really enjoyed that. Needless to say, I got my T-Shirt...a VITAL part of the concert experience. I'll admit I even got a little teary when she came out....I just LOVE her!

So it made me think about my past concert experiences...The first was going to see Nsync during the Olympics. I was probably 9 and a HUGE fan (I loved Justin Timberlake). I remember sitting with my sisters and my Aunt who didn't even know any of there songs but came anyways because we had extra tickets. I can't even remember what the stage looked like or what they sang but I do remember that it was a really big deal to me. I remember the huge buildup and excitement leading to that day.

My next concert was Sir Paul McCartney...My all time inspiration. I loved every second of that concert. It was cool to look around see how the ages varied of his fans...Old men...Small children...and me in the middle! I had a blast being there with my Dad who was singing along...even if he wasn't screaming as loud as me. He also did an acoustic set like Taylor and I had the biggest goosebumps when he played Blackbird.

Pretty much I have been really lucky! I mean, it is only 3 concerts but all three were awesome and super meaningful to me. Watching Taylor gave me new insight to my own performing. She goes out and gives so much of herself as she sings, She tells a story, she has humility but is also confident...I hope to be able to do the same even if it is singing opera in front of my peers :D









1 comment:

Audrey said...

love your blog. i'm writing this as you sit next to me. hahaa