Saturday, October 11, 2008

ODE TO THE ELVIS SHIRT

A terrible thing has happened...My beloved Elvis Presley 30th anniversary shirt (all the way from Graceland baby!) has gone missing! I cannot find it anywhere and I am worried that I left it in Lake Powell! AHHH! So depressing was this event that I have decided to write an Ode to my shirt...Here goes:

Me and My Elvis Shirt made a great pair,
On T-Shirt Fridays people would stop and stare.
My Elvis shirt made my heart feel happy
and was not at all sappy.
So many good times were had 
and I am just a tad mad
Oh Elvis Shirt come home soon
or I will feel like a loon...

Ok so I am not a poet but I felt some tribute is necessary! That shirt meant a lot! 
P.S. Elvis Presley why did you have to die?

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh honey! I am so sorry that you have lost your most precious object. I know what elvis means to you, but think of all the good times you've had and everything will be all right, I promise!

Eliza said...

Don't listen to Megan... you will not be alright until you are reunited with that t-shirt!