Sunday, June 14, 2009

Electricity!


Last week I got the opportunity to go to New York City with my mom. New York is one of my favorite destinations because Broadway just happens to be one one of my FAVORITE THINGS! I was able to see six shows...Blithe Spirit, Shrek, Billy Elliot, 9 to 5, West Side Story and Guys and Dolls. I was in HEAVEN!

I loved all of the shows and it is hard to say exactly which one is my favorite but I would say I was particularly moved by Billy Elliot. Billy Elliot is the story of a boy in a mining town in England. The town is on strike and amidst this Billy ends up getting involved in dance. The dancing in this show was breath taking and almost made me cry. My favorite part is when Billy tries out for the Royal Ballet Academy and explains how dancing makes him feel (of course it is done through song!) He describes it like electricity that he can't even control. Everyone has their own thing that makes them feel like Billy describes for me it is singing and performing. Nothing gives me that surge of electricity and energy like that does!

No comments: