Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Proud to be an American

I recently returned from a trip to Europe! It was spectacular. I got to eat pizza, pasta and gelato in Italy. See the leaning tower of Pisa. Toss a coin in the Trevi Fountain. See a Flamanco dance in Spain. Eat Crepes in France...And so much more that I am very grateful for! However it made me realize what I love about America! 

Here are some of the differences...
#1. The Soda Situation...Really no Dr. Pepper in Europe come on? I guess people just don't drink a lot of soda there because they don't give free refills. 
#2. The Beach...Oh wow. I am just grateful that in America women leave their bikini tops on!
#3.Men wearing capris...Never a good idea. It is just weird.
#4. Smoking! Ick I felt like there was a lot more smokers in Europe than in the U.S. but that could be that we live in Utah! Smoking on the train...Really that was just gross.
#5. The Toilet seat...Um...I just really missed it. It isn't fun to almost fall in the toilet every
time you have to go!

Hehehe! Don't get me wrong I love both America and Europe. I am just grateful that I can vacation there and live here!


No comments: