Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Snug as a Bug in a Rug

The past month I have had a regular night time routine of tucking my sister Megan into bed. Yes you may laugh at the thought of me tucking my 20 year old sister in, but it has become a summer ritual that proceeds as follows...
"Sarah I am ready for sleepy, sleepy time!"
We go to her room.
She has me fetch her phone for her and sets her morning alarm.
I close the closet so she is protected from the "monster guys" living in it.
I tuck her in.
Kiss her forehead, say "I Love You."
Turn out the light.
I was saddened by the thought that this will be the last time I will do this for a while because she is returning to college! I like being able to take care of her, repay her for all the times she tucked me in and not feel like the littlest sister for a while. I will miss her while she is gone but I know that when ever she comes back home I will be called upon for tuck in duties and that I look forward to! Love you Megs!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Oh ma, I think I just teared up a bit....:( Sad day. Thank you for taking such good care of me!

ang said...

thats so cute!!

PS that teacup picture=best picture ever taken in the history of picture taking (aka photography) :)