Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Got Awkward?

Do you ever wake up in the morning and feel like someone entirely different has taken over your body? Well today I was no longer Sarah Jane....I was awkward Sarah Jane. And it wasn't just like one embarassing moment it was that my whole body was overcome by an awkward version of myself. Maybe I have just never noticed and maybe I am always an awkward human. It started out by my appearance...I couldn't make myself not look awkward, suddenly I was having Junior High flashbacks where you never look good. Then there was the way I was walking...It was stiff and mechanically and I couldn't for the life of me change it (believe me I tried...which probably made me look more awkward!) I would try to smile at people I walked by and every time I did this creeper smile came out, I probably scared people. I tripped while crossing the street, it was like my feet were too big for my body. My Ipod got stuck in a plant while I was walking and almost caused me to fall over, then I had to stop and unwind it from the plants grips while people watched. I couldn't carry a conversation at all, my mind was all over the place.

I like to think that I am not awkward at all...It must be the awkward toxins lingering in the air from most (if not all) of the boys that live in San Juan hall. Maybe it is a plot to turn us all awkward with them...Vaccines are needed.

4 comments:

Mabs said...

"it was like my feet were too big for my body."
K I don't know if this will cure your awkwardness, but I couldn't help at laugh when you said that.
Now I want you to go my blog because I am going to post a video I want you to watch and listen for that line. It may help, or it may just make you smile,and remember everyone is awkward. by the way, not to be awkward haha, but I thought you were always good lookin' in junior high. :) love you dear. :)

amy pace said...

okay, i would just like to say that i was walking on the other side of the street this morning from where you were walking and this is what i saw:
-blonde, golden locks swaying with every step
-a country girl, listening to either taylor swift, the wreckers or the classics...such as:The Beatles
-a stylish diva who looked like she could walk down the runway in two minutes
and more importantly, i saw a friend who has always been the one to set a good example and continues to do so everyday. I love you sarah jane!

Megan said...

Listen, I believe I wrote a post similar to this my freshman year. Also, today I started walking funny and I automatically thought of you. I pictured you walking like the step sisters in the Cinderella cartoon. You know, with their bums all trailing behind em. It was the best image ever. You are not awkward, you are human...or are you dancer?

Bailey said...

STORY OF MY LIFE. Oh Sarah Jane, how I miss you. Love this post.