Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sweat Pants Sunday


Reasons why I love my brother!
--Every Sunday he makes it a point to celebrate sweatpants Sunday...you put your sweats on and watch a movie or TV show.
--He can tell when I am lonely and will just hang with me.
--He is just flat out hilarious...especially when he makes up what happens in Harry Potter "Harry and Sirius go bowling and get snowcones and THEN Harry's snowcone turns into Voldemort and eats him"
--He has a great taste in music and taught me to appreciate all artists, such as John Denver and Phil Collins.
--He sings to Miley Cyrus...Yep that's right and Shakira...in the proper octave.
--He served a mission and works hard at all he does. Seriously his work ethic is AMAZING.
--He has "much knowledge", spiritually, technologically, street smarts ect.
--He refers to soda as a "bevy" (meaning beverage)
--He can get my mom to do anything.
--He helped me take off my shoes when I was too jet lagg
ed to do it myself in Madrid.
--He does quiet acts of service.
--He's a good and loyal friend.
--I can call him when I can't make the computer/my ipod/the Wii/the TV work.
--He can debate anything...he even pretends he likes Obama just to get a good debate out of it.
--Perhaps the biggest reason today --at this very moment-- is that my brother stepped up to the plate...He opened the door to my room and found me on the floor crying and instead of running for the hills he gave me a hug and gave me the greatest advice. He
knew what to say and how to say it. I love that he gives me advice and that he was willing to comfort me. I was so grateful at that moment that he was there and I know that the spirit really guided him on how to help.

Love you, Ry!

No comments: