Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Blonde Speaking UP

OK...So I am all for "BLONDE Moments" and or "Dumb Jokes", I just want to put that out there to start of. As you all know I frequently post the stupid things that I do because I think it is better to share them and be able to laugh at yourself/give others a laugh then pretend like you never do anything stupid. Let's face it we all have our stupid/embarrassing/spacey moments DESPITE the hair color.

However...I strongly dislike the patronizing or when people treat me like I don't know what's going on...or just plain old treating me like a dumb blonde! Just because I can laugh at the silly things I do or that I am comfortable sharing them doesn't mean I am dumb/silly ALL the time! Maybe I am just a sensitive person but lately I have been feeling like everyone thinks I have a low IQ...It makes me worry that I really do and I just don't know it!

Let's take a look at a few blondes that are good examples...

First and foremost...Taylor Swift! She is hands down my favorite celebrity! She writes her own music and is not afraid to write about her own experiences. She doesn't do sketchy things, she is a mature women who takes her music seriously! She is independent, talented and INTELLIGENT.
Secondly...Barbie from Toy Story 3. I know you think it is odd but remember when she pulls out the part about "Consent of the governed" and she uses all these big words. That's right! She conquers the world and is very smart even when people don't expect her to be!

Now I know people will question this one but I stand firmly by it...3rd comes Elle Woods. Yes she has her moments...and it very hilarious to watch! BUT she gets into law school and works really really hard to get on top. And she graduates top of the class...Just saying.

Last but not least...Rapunzel! She is smart, spunky and she is definitely the blondest of blondes! Think about it! I love that little girls can look up to her even if she is a cartoon! She ends up getting out of her tower, becoming a princess and scoring a handsome man...She is definitely smart!
Haha anyways...The main point is that we all need to be careful about how we talk to people. It is one thing to tease but it is certainly another to patronize or treat people as if they are stupid. I know I do that a lot but I am trying to be better at it especially because I know how frustrated it makes me!

2 comments:

Bailey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bailey said...

haha i love this sarah jane! great choice of blonde celebs!