Sunday, June 20, 2010

Life in Corporate America

I began working at my Dad's office this week. I will be there 3 days a week doing anything and everything they need me to be doing....Mostly just the jobs nobody wants! But hey I have my own cubicle and everyone there knows me as Sarah Jane. I have already learned a few things about the business world...

#1. Cubicles do not muffle sound. I can hear everything and EVERYONE around the office. It is so strange to sneeze and have voices all around you say "bless you!" I have heard so many over the phone interviews that I am pretty sure I could now give one!
#2. Sometimes people don't leave their cubicles to talk to you so you always have to listen in cause people could be talking to you and you don't even know it!
#3. When in doubt always ask.
#4. Don't eat poppy seeds before a drug test.
#5. Important things to know= where the bathrooms are and where the fridge is (the fridge with the free soda!)
#6. Always pay attention when getting out of an elevator...all the floors look the same in my building.
#7. Human resource people are always the most friendly in the office.
#8. Chat it up with the other interns because you will probably be doing a lot of projects together and it is best if you talk rather then sit in awkward silence.
#9. Check your email REGULARLY...Meaning every half hour.
#10. If you stay in your cubicle you don't have to see anyone you don't want to. It is like you can disappear in there!



3 comments:

Mabs said...

dat just sound so amazing. :) hey buddy we should go see toy story 3 I could see it a million times. :)

Mabs said...

dat is... is what I tried to type.. hehe sorry

ang said...

I envy your job. You make it sound exciting. I want to work in a cubicle!