Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"Oh my goodness!"


Shirley Temple. Just saying the name brings me joy. As a child she was my hero, I loved how my family would compare my curly hair to hers. I loved her movies especially Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm. On my 18th birthday I received a collection of 18 of her movies. All the memories came flooding back! But something new that really struck me was her immense talent! She was discovered at 3 years old...3! I don't even think I could say my full name at three years old and this little girl could memorize lines, songs and dances. She starred in her first movie at 6 years old...WOW. Her optimism and bright cheery dimples served as a source of joy for those people suffering in the great depression. At such a young age it is remarkable to me that she was able to have so much talent. Unlike many child stars, Shirley turned out to be normal. She became a mother and had a family of her own. She even survived Breast Cancer and was a U.S. ambassador! What an amazing women! If you can't tell I really love and admire her! And her middle name is Jane :D!

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

sarah! shirley was like my icon when i was little. we really need to have a shirley marathon while everyone is gone on senior trip :)

Mabs said...

aw! I love shirley! I never knew you did too! :) thanks fo sharin'