Friday, December 10, 2010

Right Now, Sarah Jane!

This past weekend my dad bought me and my roomates tickets to go see Peter Breinholt's Christmas concert up here in Logan. Pete has always been a favorite with my family and I was pysched to go. It was a great concert and really put me in the Christmas spirit. There was one thing that stuck out however and it wasn't anything to do with Christmas. He sang a song he wrote for his little boy who auditioned for a part in The Christmas Carol at Hale Center on a whim and got it. It is called "Right Now" and I love it. It made me think that I have been holding off on a lot of things because I was too scared that I wouldn't be good enough or that people would judge me. After hearing the song, I was inspired to do something I had always feared doing...........write a song. And ironically that night I got inspired to write a song for my roomate Kenzy. It hasn't been easy, I am a terrible rhymer and I have never been able to express my feelings well. I found myself listening to other people's songs and being jealous of their talents and close to giving up on the song altogether BUT I finished it today! It is nothing fancy (it only includes 3 chords) but yet I am so proud of the little "ditty" I composed because it wasn't easy and I know it came straight from the heart!

So listen to Pete's song...Maybe it will inspire you too :)
P.S. Don't let the EFY emblem frighten you...it is really good!

2 comments:

Bailey said...

Wow that is so awesome Sarah Jane! I have no doubt your song is fabulous. I can picture you as an famous songwriter someday. I would love to hear it sometime!

p.s. I just found out that Peter's son (the one he wrote the song about) is in my sisters class! CRAZY!

ang said...

Ang wants to hear the song! I'm jealous that you are so talented. I definitely couldn't do it.