Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Look to the Rainbow



Recently, I have been watching lots of movies for my Intro to Musical Theater class. As I was perusing the shelves of videos we can check out, my eyes landed on a treasure straight from my childhood. I had to check it out even though the whole point is to check out movies you haven't seen before. It was Finian's Rainbow, a movie that my mother adores and that I would always rent from good old Video Verns (worst day of my life when they torn it down!) I love this show...Ok it is definitely a little odd. After all it was filmed in the 60's and it is about Leprechauns and pots of gold and other things...but it is still just so magical to me! The music makes me so happy and I can't help but laugh as I watch!

What makes this movie is TOMMY STEELE.
One of the most awkward, nasally Leprechauns you will ever watch. I adore him! He makes me laugh so hard and I just love his strangeness! I mean Fred Astaire as an old man is great too, but Tommy just has a sort of awkwardness that no one could ever copy.


He's also in the Happiest Millionaire...Another gem!

1 comment:

ang said...

Fred Astaire?! I'm definitely renting this.