Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tears of JOY

I have never cried because I was happy before...never. I always thought it was so weird...Why would you cry if you were happy about something? Well today it happened... repeatedly! I guess I must just be feeling particularly blessed or emotional or something!

Things that made me cry today...Don't laugh :D! Beware: I am a major CHEESE ball today!

--The sunrise this morning was PINK. I was just so overwhelmed that sky was blue, I wasn't tired (even though it was 7am) and I looked up to see a pink sunrise over the beautiful mountains. I stopped dead in my tracks and just looked!
--Then I went to musical theater and we were talking about Finian's Rainbow (see last post) and I even knew more about it then the amazing "Dr. Michael Ballam" (he didn't remember that it was the MAN Tommy Steele that plays the leprechaun!!!) But that's not why I cried, that is just an interesting side note...He played "How are Things in Glocca Mora" and I found myself thinking about my mother and how much she loves it, the song just touched me so much that I had to hold back tears.
--THEN I went to my singing lesson and the ultimate surprise awaited me. I GOT a SCHOLARSHIP that I didn't even know about! They sent the email to the wrong address and so I didn't know. Luckily I still get it! It made me feel so good to know that the teachers suggested me and that I did well enough on my semester jury to receive that! I was feeling so negative about my voice and I was feeling so sick fighting a battle in which I felt like my voice was losing! This was such a confidence boost and now I feel so energized and determined to become a better singer! I am so grateful for this! As I walked home I was so happy that the tears almost escaped again and I was quite amazed!

AHHHH SUCH A BEAUTIFUL DAY IN LOGAN UTAH! I LOVE LIFE!

3 comments:

Mabs said...

That is amazing Sarah, I am so proud of you. You have an incredible voice and it makes me super happy that you are continuing to strengthen your gift. Please remember me when you are famous deary! I love ya!

amy pace said...

Yay sarah jane! I am so happy for you!

ang said...

That is so great!! Congratulations! What a blessed day.