Monday, July 28, 2008

Choking on the Grapes of Wrath...

For Honors English next year, we are required to read "The Grapes of Wrath" this summer. I know it is a classic and that you shouldn't dis the classics but I really really REALLY REALLY did not enjoy it at all. At first it was slow and boring and then I got very excited because it started to speed up. However, the speeding up thing did not last long. Steinbeck is an amazing writer and I love how he writes but I need more of a story line in an 619 pages of book. I was also really disappointed by the end or in this case lack of ending. Maybe it's just me but I think I will stick to my Jane Austen and Harry Potter.

The one good thing is I only have one more required book to read this summer "Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant" by Anne Tyler. I hope it will be good. Really I am just looking forward to being able to read the books I want to. I have a pile I still want to read by the end of the summer!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Clever title darling, however I think you should be more open minded...you know I didn't really love the book until Ms. Bishop discussed it with us in class. Once you understand more about it and hear what she has to say, you might have a better opinion of it.