Thursday, August 14, 2008

CRANFORD...My dream town...


Cranford. Cranford. Cranford. Ok so I admit it sounds weird, but it is my current obsession. It is a TV Mini Series based on the novel by Elizabeth Gaskell. It is all about this town called Cranford (obviously) in the 1840's. I love the funny things that happen, the romances and how much you grow to love the characters. There is a good balance of humor and drama. There are also many actors and actresses that I recognize from other movies, which is always fun. It just makes me so happy...true it is long but definitely worth it! I really would live there, is it because of the attractive doctor? I can't be sure...

"There's a flap underneath."
"My sister does not care for the expression...suck."
"Let us eat our fruit in solitude."
"Women are not equal to men...they are SUPERIOR!"
"I dreamed of a boat turned upside down on dry land. Why did I dream that?" "Because you are not going anywhere."
"She will not allow me to reapply the black ink, she has a great big gray streak running down the middle."

No comments: