Sunday, August 24, 2008

New School Year....AHHHH!!!

It is painful to realize that tomorrow I will be starting school and this summer is over! Oh so so sad! But even though I am so so sad that summer is over, I have resolved to make Jr. year FREAKING awesome! Last year was not so great so this year I am determined to have a blast. I have heard that Jr. year is the hardest because you are trying to get all of your hard classes finished but I have also heard that Jr. year is the most fun because you have finally come into your own.

Here are some goals I want to accomplish this year. I figure if I put them on my blog I will feel more motivated to accomplish them. Some of them are obvious goals and some may sound lame but oh well!

11 Goals for 11th Grade
1.Get good grades...It was kind of scary to see two AP classes and 2 honors classes on my schedule since normally I have neither. I really want to do well and in those classes and stay on top of my school work.
2.Stay Healthy...Well receiving my part for the play I was told that I must stay healthy and keep my voice in perfect condition. That is pressure when you are a part that sings a high B flat and screams a lot. I am just going to have to be very careful with my voice and staying away from germs, which I usually don't care about.
3.Positive Energy...That is a slogan that my friends have adopted. Last year I did not do so well with that and I want to improve.
4.Get my Driving Permit and License...Ok so I am way behind, I should have both by now.
5.Try to look good at least 3 days of the school week...It is so hard not to just throw on some sweats but I have noticed that I feel so much better about myself when I actually get dressed. He he he!
6.Read at least eight books outside of class reading...I love to read! I also like to set a goal each school year of the amount of books I want to read.
7.Conquer at least two fears...I have many phobias (see my phobias list) and should probably try to conquer some.
8.Grow as a Vocalist...I want to get better at certain aspects of singing, particularly part singing and classical music. I love to sing Broadway and try to steer away from classical but I think it will really help me become more well rounded vocally.
9.Finish Personal Progress...I really don't want to have to work on it my senior year, he he he!!!
10.Collect More T-Shirts...I have a pretty good t-shirt collection but there is always room for more.
11.Save at least 1,000 dollars...Now that I am working at the Lion House I have some money to spend and I really want to save up instead. I know to most people 1,000 dollars does not seem like a lot but we you are used to saving your babysitting money, it doesn't amount to much. I don't know if it is a realistic goal, we shall see!

Peace Out, wish me luck on my first day of 11th grade!AHHHHHHHHHHH!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Oh honey! I miss your guts and every cute thing about you. I am in full support of your goals and hope to help you get over your phobias. Maybe I'll get you a pet bird, or fish. Also I will post a picture of Sanjaya in your room! I love you babe!